6.11.2008

and a Daisy makes 3…

was it me that said “Could we add any more EXCITEMENT to our lives?!” well, I guess we can and I guess we did! So yesterday, after evening rush hour traffic we drove an hour to Palmer, TX home to a woman named Georgia. We have been talking for a VERY long time about adding a puppy to make our family 3. The only thing standing in our way was the lack of a yard. After the wedding (one of our final weekend trips for awhile) we decided it was time to find that special little addition so off we went. My research for the perfect breeder was to the extent of calling classifieds in the paper and trusting the ominous person behind the black & white ad. We do NOT support puppy mills but I now understand how they remain in business. I’m not saying this was a puppy mill but I am saying I wanted to SAVE ALL the PUPPIES and take them ALL HOME!!

Picking the perfect puppy to bring home wasn't as hard as I had thought though (other than wanting them ALL) She connected with us right away!! :o) Jonathan had scooped her up and she just snuggled away - melting both of our hearts. After the "official" adoption - off we went. She seemed a bit confused at first but quickly snuggled into my lap for the ride home.


She is the most precious, cutest puppy EVER!! (the friendly staff at PetSmart all agreed) and she is a whopping 5 pounds - we'll see how long that lasts!


And her name.... "Daisy" of course!


on the way home... on my lap

enjoying her new ring toy



she LOVES tight spaces to snuggle up in!
(she's wedged between the couch, a pillow and the recliner)

0 comments: